Thursday, August 13, 2009

Tashi's 1st 2nd Bday

I had planned to have a party with people and food and fun for Tashi's birthday, but as the day approached, I had a change of mind. I began to feel that it would be better for the two of us to have our own little private soiree. It's Tashi's first birthday with me, but it's also her second birthday because she turns two years old today.


So I started out with a special din din. Not what I would call yummy, but wet food is a special treat for Tashi, since she normally eats dry food.




And she was totally anxious to get it. I couldn't set the bowl down to take the pic because she was so anxious to get at it! (And no, I had something else for my dinner. That way the dinner she had all to herself was even more special!)



At length I let her have a special place on the table. She normally eats on the floor beside the table, but seeing as it was a special day for her, I gave her a place at the table.




After dinner, it was time for the cake. I baked it especially for Tashi, even though she's a cat and doesn't get people food and I'm the only one who'll be eating it. But she still sat for me (with a little help from some extra well positioned treats) to sing Happy Birthday to her and help her blow out the candles.




And seeing as it was her birthday, I thought that she could have just a taste of the frosting. Normally she doesn't get people food, but it's just a little, and only on one day of the year.



She thought it was good!








Then, as a final treat, I let her have her favorite toy -- this shiny string. Normally I tease her with it as part of a game that she enjoys playing so much that every time I open the drawer where I keep the string she will come running in from wherever she happens to be. This time, I just let her have the string.



Finally, she decided to stretch out and get comfy. Sounds like the end of a wonderful birthday to me!

No comments: